Thursday, June 24, 2010

St. Josemaria Escriva

Make Flan!
 ...The national dessert of Spain, home country of St. Josemaria...
I originally printed out this recipe to try.
You may want to try it!
In the meantime, this instant flan caught my eye at the the grocery store...
(I tried it ahead of time with the recipe above to use for Plan B)
Ingredients:
~This box and milk~
Now I'm no "flan connoisseur" but I thought it was delicious! 
~It was amazingly easy, which is the best part for those of us with limited time~
My only critique is that it was not as firm as I had expected.  
However, I used a jello mold for the nice shape and effect...So I'm not sure if this had something to do with the consistency.
Since this flan also came with carmel sauce, it would also be a yummy dessert to use for the feast of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel on July 16th!
~Just add whipped cream~
God Bless you on this special feast day!

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I just love it. I am St.Josemaria's greatest fan. :) I have been making Flan most of my life and the box doesn't cut it. A trick that mom taught me was to burn the sugar right on the stove with the mold that I was going to use for the flan. Also the longer it's cold , the better it taste! Thank you for your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My all time favorite dessert!!!

    ReplyDelete